Awakening The Body

As I wrote about back on Melting the Body, the process of purification and clarity moves from our becoming a good reflector of consciousness into the mind, senses, emotions, then physical body.

Enlightenment is just the beginning. As that awakening becomes more embodied, the laws of nature that create the appearance of this physical form are also awakened. They then shift from having a fixed, rigid role to becoming more fluid.

Apparently, Sri Aurobindo spoke of waking the bodies cells. I suspect he was referring to the same thing.

While they still sustain this body, those devata (laws of nature) are no longer restricted to an individual person. They regain their cosmic nature and universal reality as the flows of qualities of the divine. Instead of embodying a person, they embody the divine.

Just consider the difference between an apparent individual awakening and all the many subcomponents of that also waking up. As this happens cosmically, the influence continues to expand. It leads to a fluidity that can adjust appearance on demand. Recently Lorne Hoff spoke of the laws of nature adjusting to the person we’re with, for example.

To one perspective, this awakening of all points means awakening the world. The body is the world. To another perspective, consciousness is already fully awake so it is only embodying that.

This reminds me of a theme in the film Lucy. While the movie is quite violent, underlying the story is what happens when you unlock more and more of your brains potential. As the brain is just a receiver for mind, and mind is the lively surface of consciousness, it’s moreΒ a question of what happens when we unlock more of our natural potential.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Awakening The Body

1. N says:

Hi David,

Can you give an example of this: “the laws of nature adjusting to the person we’re with”?

Hi N
      Well, this is somewhat akin to empath gifts where we may tend to take on the thinking or emotions of those around us.

Only this is on the deeper level of the laws themselves and would be more conscious. This would be advantageous for teachers, counselors, healers and so forth.

Of course, these are very broad statements . I’m pointing to possibilities. I don’t know anyone who’s living this in an overt way yet nor how long it will take to develop. But I’ve seen enough to know it’s going on. Several I know have been talking about it too.

Keep in mind the body is the last to catch up as it’s the most rigid and solid.

• N says:

Okay – a bit difficult to really understand it :). But thanks.

This is well outside the experience of most people. This would make more sense to someone in Unity plus who knows the references even if the details are not experienced yet.

As a followup…

Keep in mind, this article is more speculative. I’m seeing the process here and with some friends, but it’s pretty early on yet, I think. So you have to be careful not to extrapolate consequences too much.

As we get further along, resonance expands to be more and more inclusive. However, there will always be basic styles, like devotional or intellectual, that will helpful for some and not others.

Also, while I used the Empath example, thats still not it. The oneness of empath gifts is on the level of the gift. (mind, emotions, or whatever) The oneness of Unity is on the level of consciousness itself, our very being. It’s much deeper.

I’d also say that experiences of Unity are not Unity, like being King for a day does not include the mantle of being King. A taste perhaps but not it.

2. Blanche says:

Hi David,

Your post reminds me of Dogen’s poem:

The real person is not anyone in particular,
    But like the deep blue color of the limitless sky
    It is everyone, everywhere in the world.

Not only are we not the limited form – we are the limitless, which is so free that it can choose to be limited. πŸ™‚

Beautiful, Blanche

And yes. First that happens in consciousness. Then it moves forward to include the body itself.

Your quote reminds me of this:

I hear beyond the range of sound,
      I see beyond the range of sight,
      New earths and skies and seas around,
      And in my day the sun doth pale in his light.
      ― Henry David Thoreau, Inspiration

(the context here is quite different though)

3. Blanche says:

Earth, sky and sea cast sounds and sights –
    Fleeting forms in a limitless body.

the farthest reaches of creation, beyond perception,
      even that is myself.

although I’ve never noticed anything in creation thats beyond perception, if you bring it your attention. (laughs)

Perhaps the meaning is beyond what has been perceived because there’s only so much of infinity that you can browse. πŸ™‚

4. Blanche says:

Beyond perception, and still myself –
    Is that extreme unity? πŸ™‚

“Extreme unity” – well theres a term! πŸ™‚

In well-developed Unity, we come to know consciousness globally and at every point. A complete wholeness we might say. That sets the stage for the next shift.

But perception only goes where we take the focus of attention so is more limited.

5. Michael says:

Maybe of interest….

There are very secret daoist and Indian alchemical sects that have as their main practices the invoking of “gods” in their bodies through rituals, Special prayers etc. And then let these “gods” do the work of total purification, activation, transformation and Transmutation up to the divine Body of light.

Hi Michael
      Yes, I’ve heard some about that. Such things would have to be prepared for and done very carefully as the consequences can be considerable.

If the invoked are not compatible with your dominant laws of nature, for example, or current cycles of time…

The examples I’ve seen have lead to a much rougher process. I cringe when I see people invoking the goddess of death.

Actually, it’s a pretty widespread issue in western spiritual circles. It’s one thing to have a picture of your teacher. It’s a whole other thing to have images of various gods, etc.

And those little castings with distorted features?

In the eastern traditions, you have to show regular and appropriate respect for such things. Using them as decoration may not bring the desired effects.