SAND Update

I’m at the SAND conference in San Jose. It’s been a very full schedule, rich with connections. There hasn’t been time for much else. I’ll be tackling comments and messages later this week.

My talk went well and there where many questions. The official video crew didn’t show but the talk was videoed and audio recorded by friends so something should be available. I’ll post the slides too.

The panel discussion at Sophia University had 15 participants. I was dubious this was a good idea but it gelled rather well. It was also taped but likely requires some work to edit so may take time to be available. We covered a diverse range of topics over 5 hours, including teachers who stray, celestial perception, peer support, and so on.

I’ve met a number of people I’ve only known on-line plus many others. Some very good discussions, a little bit of support and one fiery bit when a presenter tried to tell me hallucinogenics where a good spiritual practice. (laughs) Rick Archer’s Robert Thurman interview is hilarious but pointed. Great talk by Bernardo Kastrup demonstrating consciousness is fundamental, purely through logic. A remarkable group healing by Kirstin Kirk. And lots and lots of concepts. There is a very intense seeker energy here.

There has also been great music and dance, mime, fire dancers and so forth. Looking forward to a bit of rest. But first, time to get back to the hall.
David

7 Responses to SAND Update

1. Blogging like this is such a great way to keep in touch with your community here. Thanks for the update, Davidya.

2. Eddie says:

Hi David,
    Thank you so much for taking the time out of your full schedule, filled with fun, concepts, and intensity, to update us. Looking forward to hearing some of the kernels when you return to the island!

Continue to enjoy and safe journey back!
    Eddie

Hi Rose
    You’re welcome. I don’t do a lot of Update posts but when there’s a gap, issue, or a lot happening, I find it useful to do.

Hi Eddie
    You’re welcome. Got home this afternoon. I plan to do an article with a few highlights and of course catch up with friends. 🙂

Just did a first quick check of the video recording of my talk. The camera audio isn’t great but you can hear everything including questions. The questions went much longer than I realized, almost a half hour into the lunch break. So it’s about an hour long.

6. George in Arizona says:

Because my friend Rick Archer was so busy at SAND, I met and followed David around like a puppy quite a bit. I had listened to his interview with Rick prior to SAND and thought it was just great so it was a real pleasure to get to know him. Thank you, David! I now look forward to getting to know other friends here at Davidya.

Thanks, George. The connections made like yourself was where the real value was. Like the time-out we had after Kristin’s healing.

For anyone interested, George is 2 to my right in the second picture on Some SAND Stories.
    I recently posted…Some SAND StoriesMy Profile