don Miguel Ruiz asks us to find our truth.
How do you find your truth?
1) Don’t believe me – but learn to listen.
2) Don’t believe yourself – but learn to listen.
3) Don’t believe anybody else – it is true only for them.
In between all the stories is the truth. You don’t need to believe in truth. You only need to believe in lies. Your word is your magic wand – is it true?
(from an interview in the film Living Luminaries)
And that leads of course to The 4 Agreements. (from the book)
1) Be impeccable with your word
2) Don’t take anything personally
3) Don’t make assumptions
4) Always do your best
They sound simple at first, but it’s not so easy. But the rewards are good communication, truth, and freedom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TorWBe_KmXY [pulled re: copyright]
(The first part before this is the books Introduction. This appears to be some sort of summary. The background video is unrelated clips from an old movie.)
This post arose from comments over on Why Don’t We.